After using your software for a while I would like to let you know it is the best monitoring software I have used to date. The only thing I didn't like about the version I was using was it didn't pick up on Facebook chat logs. I decided to start using monitoring software as something fishey was going on with my partner and she was caught out using the brilliant software you provided. I would like to get Fre Lifetime Upgrades as I have just moved up to Windows 7 from XP and my current version is playing up. ...
I have used REFOG for a year, i have founded the most friendly spy software i have used. it gave me peace of mine knowing what my kids doing on the net. it gives a real detail of sites visited and every key strokes as well as detailed conversation,it is a real peace of mine tool i highly recommended. specially to concerned parents ...
How to use Refog software with antivirus software
The majority of antivirus and antispyware programs can adequately discern legitimate parental control or corporate monitoring software and viruses or spyware. However, some AV programs can mistakenly add Refog software to their virus signature databases. To ensure that Refog programs are not erased by your antivirus the next time you update it, we recommend you adding our software to your AV program’s exclusions list.
Norton Internet Security 2009
The latest versions of Norton Antivirus block and remove Refog applications considering them as spyware so you need to configure this antivirus software before you download and install Refog Personal Monitor.
Please add the following signature to your antivirus exclusion list: "Spyware.KGBSpy".
Refer to your antivirus documentation for further instructions. You may have to reinstall the product afterwards.
Before you download and install Refog Personal Monitor, open the main window of the antivirus software and disable the AntiSpyware option by clicking the corresponding item.
After you download and install Refog Personal Monitor, do the following:
- Open the main antivirus window.
- Click the Settings button on the Computer tab.
- Click the Configure [+] button next to the Scan Exclusions item in the Exclusions / Low Risks section.
- Add the MPK.exe file to the Scan Exclusions and Auto Protection Exclusions lists.
- Save the settings and close the window by clicking the ОК button.
- Now you can enable the AntiSpyware option in the main antivirus window.
Avira correctly detects Refog applications and does interfere with their work. You can configure exceptions in the following way:
- Open the main antivirus window (Control Center).
- Select the Configuration item on the Extras menu or press F8.
- Select the Expert mode checkbox.
- Expand the tree and switch to "Scanner" - "Scan" - "Exception".
- Click the "..." button, select the program folder (usually it is C:\Program Files\MPK\) and add this folder to the exception list by clicking the Add >>> button.
- Do the same on the Guard - Scan - Exception tab.
- Save the settings and close the window by clicking the ОК button.
McAfee VirusScan Plus
McAfee properly recognizes Refog programs and does not interfere with them. However, the old versions of Refog programs are permanently disabled by this antivirus, and adding those to the exclusions list is not possible. Here is what it looks like:
To solve this problem, simply download and install a new version.
If for some reason the latest version of a program is also recognized as potentially dangerous software, here is how you can add it to the antivirus’ exclusions list:
- Make sure that the antivirus is running, and the protection is enabled.
- Launch the Refog application or its installer.
- Make sure that the antivirus has recognized the program as potentially dangerous software and has notified you of that with a popup window.
- In the popup window, select the “Trust this application” action and then click “OK”.
- Click “OK” on the notification that the program has been added to the exclusions list and restart the Refog program.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not consider Refog applications as potentially dangerous. You can configure exceptions in the following way:
- Open Kaspersky Anti-Virus and click the Settings button in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Switch to the Threats and exclusions item in the Options section.
- Click the Settings button in the Exclusions area.
- Add the MPK.exe file from the folder where Refog Personal Monitor is installed (usually it is C:\Programm Files\MPK\) to the Trusted applications list.
- Set the exception options as it is shown on the screenshot.
- Save the settings by clicking the ОК buttons in the open windows.
Panda AntiVirus does not consider Refog applications as potentially dangerous. You can configure exceptions in the following way:
- Open the main antivirus window.
- Click the Preferences button.
- Uncheck "Enable protection against known threats" option and click OK.
- Install Refog software.
- Click the "Settings…" button in the "Threats to detect and execute" section on the "Known threads" tab.
- Switch to the Directories tab and add the folder where Refog Personal Monitor is installed (usually it is C:\Programm Files\MPK\) to the exception list.
- Now you can get back to your antivirus settings and check "Enable protection against known threats" option.
BitDefender Antivirus Plus
BitDefender does not consider Refog applications as potentially dangerous. You can configure exceptions in the following way:
- Open the main program window.
- Click the SWITCH TO ADVANCED VIEW button.
- Switch to the Exclusions tab in the Antivirus section.
- Make sure that the Enabled checkbox is selected and click the «+» button.
- Select the Do not scan file or folders paths item in the wizard window and click the Next button.
- Click the Browse button, add the folder where Refog Personal Monitor is installed (usually it is C:\Programm Files\MPK\) to the list and click the Next button
- Without selecting the Select this if you want… checkbox in the last wizard window, close it by clicking the Finish button.
- After you click the Apply button, the exception settings will be applied.
In some cases Webroot antivirus software blocks Refog software products and Refog website.
You may have to temporarily disable your antivirus to install a Refog product. If you have Webroot ISE installed on the computer you wish to monitor then please follow the following instructions:
- Open Webroot application, press Shields button and uncheck "Internet communication" option.
- Press "Options" button, go to "Shields" tab and uncheck "Protect against viruses" option.
- Now you should be able to visit Refog web site and install our products. After completing installation make sure to re-enable antivirus options mentioned above. Press "Sweep" button and pick "Start Quick Sweep" from a list.
- If your antivirus reports installed Refog software components as threats please add them to exclusion list: right click an item, pick "Always Ignore" option. Then uncheck the item before pressing "Quarantine Selected" button. Items related to Refog software usually have "Refog" or "KGBLogger" in their names.
SpyWare doctor considers Refog applications as potentially dangerous software of high risk. You can add an exception in the following way:
- Open the main SpyWare doctor window.
- Click the Scan Computer Now button and wait till the scan is over.
- Select the detected Refog application (it can be called KGB_Spy) in the Scan Results window and open the context menu with a right click.
- Select Move Checked to Global Action List on the context menu.
- Switch to the Global Action List subsection of the Settings section and make sure that the Allow action is set for the Refog application in the Global Action List.
Spybot S&D anti-spyware software reports Refog products as keyloggers and blocks their installation and functionality. To allow installation and add our product to exclusion list please follow these instructions:
- Download and install Refog poroduct.
- After installation Spybot S&D will notify you about a suspicious activity. Click «Allow change».
- Then open main Spybot S&D window, click «Check for problems» button and wait for check to complete.
- Right-click on each found object and select «Exclude this product from further searches» menu opiton.
- Close Spybot S&D window. Next time Refog products will not be shown in check results.
Antispyware program Malwarebytes `Anti-Malware determines Refog programs as keyloggers and blocks their installation and use. To permit installation and add to the exception list you should do the following:
- Click with the right mouse button on the Anti-Malware icon in the notification area and disable protection of your computer by unchecking "Enable Protection" item in the menu.
- Confirm disabling of computer protection by clicking "Yes" button.
- Install and configure necessary Refog software.
- Open the main Anti-Malware window, select "Perform quick scan" item on the "Scanner" tab and click "Scan".
- Wait for the scan completion, click "OK" and then click "Show Results".
- Click on "Ignore" button for each discovered file marked as Vendor: Refog.Keylogger.
- After sending all the files to the Ignore List you can click "Exit" and re-enable protection disabled in step 1.
Microsoft Security Essentials
Antivirus software MS Security Essentials determines Refog programs as potentially dangerous and blocks their installation and use. To permit installation and add to the exception list you should do the following:
- Install the necessary Refog software. After installation completion the antivirus software will report about suspending.
- Click “Show detais” button.
- In the new window select “Allow” from the "Recommendation" list.
- Click “Apply actions” button.
- Wait until the end of the process and then click "Close" button. Now you can complete installation of Refog program.
Avast5 PRO Antivirus
In some cases Avast5 antivirus blocks Refog website.
You may have to temporarily disable this feature to install a Refog product. If you have Avast5 installed on the computer you wish to monitor then please follow the following instructions:
- Open main window of the antivirus.
- Select "REAL-TIME SHIELDS" tab.
- Select "Network Shield" item.
- Click "Stop" button and pick "Stop for 1 hour" option.
- Click "Yes" in a dialog that pops up.
- Download and install Refog program.
- Get back to the antivirus and restart protection module using "Start" button.